- 1 Baby with a blocked nose
- 2 How to prevent Nasal congestion in babies
- 2.1 How much should my baby weight
- 2.2 Newborn baby eating
- 2.3 Newborn baby smile
- 2.4 Milk Allergies in newborn babies
- 2.5 Newborn baby mother
- 2.6 Newborn baby poo
- 2.7 Newborn baby with a fever
- 2.8 Newborn baby gift
- 2.9 Newborn baby farts a lot
- 2.10 Newborn baby a bit yellow
- 2.11 Newborn baby sleeps a lot
- 2.12 How to breastfeeding my newborn baby
- 2.13 Newborn baby breathing
- 2.14 Newborn baby cough
- 2.15 Newborn baby cares
- 2.16 Newborn baby with a blocked nose
- 2.17 How to decorate my newborn baby’s room
- 2.18 Newborn baby stimulus
- 2.19 Newborn babies and pets
- 2.20 Newborn baby grow
- 2.21 Newborn baby diaper
- 2.22 Newborn baby father
- 2.23 Newborn babies in summer
- 2.24 Newborn Baby Memory
- 2.25 Newborn baby crying
- 2.26 Newborn baby bath
- 2.27 Newborn baby vaccinations
- 2.28 Newborn babies eyes
Baby with a blocked nose
Nasal congestion in babies is more common than you imagine. Do not be frightened: if your little one suffers from it, it may not even be cold, but rather present some coughing and sneezing from time to time. This happens because feeding on suckling from your breast or bottle gets stuck if your nose is blocked, you cannot breathe well for it and instinctively open your mouth to do so.
You must be careful with this because you can catch fear of eating if you have a bad time because your nose is blocked. Nasal congestion in newborns is not always due, as you may think, to an excess of mucus. It can happen that they suffer an inflammation of the tissues that cover the nose because of viruses, bacteria or allergies. For them it is a more annoying problem than for adults, since they have not yet learned to breathe through their mouths. That’s why they have difficulty feeding and wake up in the middle of sleep.
How to prevent Nasal congestion in babies
• You should know that it is advisable to extend breastfeeding as much as possible, since your newborn is immunized with it. It is vital to find out what is the cause of your newborn baby‘s nasal congestion, since the treatment will be different if you suffer from a cold or if it is due to environmental causes.
• The room where your child sleeps and the newborn baby most of the day must be well-ventilated and dust-free. Do not smoke in the presence of the child.
• The environment should not be too dry or too humid. If necessary, buy a humidifier or, on the other hand, a dehumidifier to adjust the rooms in your home.
• If you need a humidifier, remember to keep it clean so you do not create mold, as it would complicate the congestion of your little one.
• Do not use chemical air fresheners or cleaning agents too strong: they could cause an allergic reaction. Keep in mind that a newborn is a very delicate person: he does not yet have the strength of a child of three or five years.
• Animal hair can also give you allergy: if you live with animals, move them away for a few days of the child to see if it improves.
To relieve the discomfort you suffer, especially if your congestion is due to an excess of mucus, there are several tips you can follow. The best known and easy to put into practice is to wash your nostrils with salt water or saline. Wet a small piece of gauze in saline water and introduce it through your nose again and again until you leave it clear of snot. The salt serves to help soften the mucus if it is very thick. With the same effect you can make water vapor with a little natural oil of eucalyptus or rosemary. You can also add these essences in the bathroom, but it is important that they are natural oils.
If this is not enough, buy a Nasal congestion in babies aspirator at the pharmacy, it is similar to our grandmother’s rubber pear. Arm yourself with patience because it is very unpleasant for you, you will have to do it slowly and be very careful. It is best that you do it before the shots, so you can eat well, or before bed so you do not wake up with discomfort. What you should never do is introduce a cotton swab from the ones used to clean the ears. And do not forget to make him drink lots of water, it is important that he is hydrated to avoid Nasal congestion in babies.